Governmental Tort Claims (Federal & State) in Oklahoma

They say that “you can’t fight city hall,” and in fact, the statement is literally true. There is a legal doctrine called “sovereign immunity” that prohibits citizens from suing the government unless the government decides to allow it. The Federal Torts Claims Act (FTCA) took effect in 1946, and it does allow for the filing of some types of legal actions against federal employees that have exhibited tortious (wrongful) behavior.

This particular statute applies to individuals that commit actions while fulfilling their roles as federal employees. It doesn’t apply to state governments, and they also embrace the concept of sovereign immunity. However, each state has laws that are similar to the FTCA. It is possible to sue a state employee here in Oklahoma under certain circumstances, but it is a very complicated matter.

If you think that you may have a tort claim against the federal government or a state government employee, we can gain an understanding of the situation and determine the viability of the claim. Our firm can subsequently initiate a lawsuit on your behalf if we determine that you have a valid case. We have a wealth of experience with government tort claims, so you will receive top-notch representation if you engage us to litigate your federal or state government tort claim.

We know the Law.

  • We know the limitations.
  • We know your rights.
  • We protect your rights to compensation.

If you’ve been a victim of negligence by the government or an employee of the government, you may have cause to file a claim or a lawsuit.

If you have been injured or your property was damaged by the wrongful or negligent act of a federal or state employee while at work, under certain circumstances, you may file a claim with the government for reimbursement for that injury or damage.